Monday, November 12, 2007

My youth group

I am a youth group leader at Trinity and it is a blast! We have kids from 6th grade to seniors in high school, and sometimes older. Each gathering is an adventure and I never know what to expect!
Last night, after studying Thomas and his doubts, we went to the "rec room" to play a game. It was a goofy game, in honor of Thanksgiving approaching, that you would more likely see in an elementary gym. It required two kids to be trees with a turkey trapped between them. When Tony would call out a phrase the kids had to switch up either the trees, the turkeys, or all of the group.
I laughed so hard to see the kids all get really into this game. And I mean all the kids, including the high schoolers. We all got quite competitive and no one wanted to quit. It was so much fun!
When this week gets stressful, I will flash back to the fun we had playing turkeys and trees and laugh again!

No comments: