Monday, November 26, 2007

My thanksgiving for Thanksgiving

I had a wonderful holiday weekend. Honestly, this was one of the best in the last 10 years. One of the highlights was spending the night in Walmart, in Bucyrus. My oh so goofy cousins, Donnel and Gina, talked me into this escapade. We went out at around midnight, armed with a blanket and the Black Friday ad. From 1 until about 3, we were about the only shoppers in the store. At 3 or so, more people started showing up. Maps were handed out telling where pallets would be located and the excitement grew. It got a little nerve wracking at 4:30, when I realized there were more people surrounding the pallet then there were items on it. At 5 the announcement was made to "Let the fun begin!" and hands reached from all around me ripping at the shrink wrap on the items. I did manage to get everything I wanted! And I had an adventure to boot! Of course, I wasted all the money I saved when I got pulled over for speeding on the way home to Marion at 6:30 am.
Friday the kids and I went with my in-laws to the Comfort Inn in Bellville to enjoy the water aprk and the Amish restaurant. We stayed until Sunday and had a blast! We taught Larry to play Bull Crap. Good times were had by all!
Of course the Wednseday before Thanksgiving we spent the night with my mom. My three nephews were there also, so all 6 kids enjoyed being together. Mallory especially liked meeting my mom's new dog, Zena. She is a German Shepherd.
All in all, this was one of the best Thanksgivings I can remember!

No comments: